MEETINGS AND EVENTS
HIV/AIDS RESOURCES & LINKS
Affordable care act information & Resources
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a historic opportunity for all Americans, including People Living with HIV/AIDS and those receiving services through the Ryan White Program, to increase their access to affordable, quality health care. Many Ryan White clients will gain access to health insurance or see their current health insurance improve as a result of the ACA. In the Houston Area, the majority of Ryan White clients will continue to receive their current HIV care at their established providers with little or no change. This page provides links to helpful information about the ACA and its various impacts on the Ryan White Program.
you need assistance, a trained representative can help you enroll.
Local Call Center: 832-393-8082 / Toll free 1-855-892-8082
- Definitions for many commonly used ACA terms as well as links to learn more.
- Ryan White and the Affordable Care Act: What You Need to Know
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) information
- Access to the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Information for the HIV community about the opportunities that exist through the ACA to improve health care access for people with HIV by maintaining a blog, sharing information through an email newsletter, and hosting regular webinars.
- ACA information for Individuals and Families, Employers and Other Organizations
Health Insurance Explained: The YouToons Have it Covered (animated video)
- ACA information for Medicaid and CHIP clients
- ACA information for the LGBT community
- Health Insurance Workgroup
- Timeline of Health Reform
- Health Care News
- Health Reform Myths and Facts
- What the Health Care Law Means for You and Your Family