HOUSTON'S PLANNING COUNCIL:
MEETINGS AND EVENTS:
Ryan White All Grantee Meeting
Planning Council Brochure:
HIV/AIDS RESOURCES & LINKS:
Requests for Public Information
The Council Coordinator for the Ryan White Planning Council Office of Support handles the open records requests received by the Planning Council. Individuals seeking documents pertaining to Ryan White Planning Council activities should submit those requests to the Public Information Coordinator as follows:
Public Information Coordinator (Open Records Coordinator):
FOR OPEN RECORDS REQUESTS PERTAINING TO HARRIS COUNTY RECORDS OTHER THAN THOSE RELATED TO THE RYAN WHITE PLANNING COUNCIL, PLEASE CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE DEPARTMENT: Harris County Homepage
The following questions and answers from the website of Greg Abbott, Texas Attorney General, are provided to assist in making your request:
What types of records are subject to the Public Information Act?
How do I make a public information request?
What should I say in my public information request?
How long does the governmental body have to respond to my request
May a governmental body ask me why I want the records?
When may a governmental body refuse to release the information
What procedures must be followed if a governmental body wishes
to withhold information?
· write the Attorney General, asking for a decision and state which exceptions apply to the requested information;
· provide the requestor with a written statement that the governmental body wishes to withhold the information and that it has asked the Attorney General for a decision;
· provide the requestor with a copy of the governmental body's correspondence to the Attorney General; and
· make a good faith attempt to notify, in the form prescribed by the Attorney General, any affected third parties of the request.
Within fifteen business days of receiving your request, the governmental body must:
· write the Attorney General and explain how the claimed exceptions apply;
· provide a copy of your written request to the Attorney General;
· provide a signed statement to the Attorney General stating the date the request was received by the governmental body or provide evidence sufficient to establish the date the request was received; and
· provide copies of the documents requested or a representative sample of the documents to the Attorney General and the documents must be labeled to show which exceptions apply to which parts of the documents.
For more information concerning the Public Information Act please